Like most people, as the new year rings in, we here at Dinner Dealer are reflecting on the past year and dreaming about the next. In our second year of promoting local restaurants and businesses, we are so proud to have contributed to the business health of dozens of local, independent restaurants in 2013 and in supporting the North Shore economy through a completely local printing, designing and partnership process.
We look forward to continuing these partnerships in 2015! Here’s what we’ve got on the docket for this year—we hope you’ll come along for the ride with us.
- MORE local restaurants than ever. Our 2015 deck has discounts and deals to 52 local, independent dining establishments and eateries all over the North Shore. When you do the math, there’s more than $400 in savings and still at the irresistible price of $25 per deck.
- Going beyond the dining scene. We are supporting the local economy in a variety of ways. We print our decks North of Boston, and are always looking for non-restaurants partners to work with. We expect to bring together many more local artisans and purveyors for special gift boxes as we did with 2013’s holiday box, which featured:
• Bacon Caramel Popcorn from Christopher’s Table
• Eggnog Caramels from Caramels de Bouchard
• Snowflake Butter Cookie from Cygnet Bakery
• Mulling Spices from Salem Spice
• Chocolates from Stowaway Sweets
• Cinnfully-Vanilla Soy Candle from BC Essentials
• Local Jam from Brooksby Farm
- Supporting local nonprofits and schools. While we love that our business is one big “everybody wins” dine local campaign, we also love to give back. $1 from every deck goes to a local food pantry. We also run a fundraising program that has provided students at a variety of schools with the opportunity to go on trips and undertake projects by selling our decks.
- Publishing our first annual cookbook. (This is the first mention we’ve made publicly!) With our cookbook theme picked—BURGERS—dozens of our featured restaurants will be contributing their favorite recipe. This cookbook will be available for tablet download as well as limited edition print. Stay up to date with the cookbook’s development via Facebook and Twitter.
So as we approach the start of 2015, we hope you’ll join us on online to keep apprised of our events, special gift boxes and some great restaurant information throughout the year. And don’t forget to get your 2015 deck. With 52 restaurants featured and 52 weeks in the year, you’ll need to start early to try them all!
Cheers to a delicious and fruitful 2015 from the Dinner Dealer Family!